Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default Horrifying conditions inside US farms that could supplychlorine-washed chicken to Britain

On 07/31/2017 01:37 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 12:55:18 -0700, T wrote:

Swimming pools use much more chlorine than tap water.

We had a swimming pool growing up. I use to test
the tap water with the pool testers. There was more
chlorine in the tap water.

Yup, you can have 4 ppm in tap water and the pool inspector can close
a pool if it gets much over 3 ppm. Usually they will pump up the
chlorine higher than that if they have a water main break or something
that may have contaminated the water in the pipe. They still issue a
boil water notice but nobody does.

and chlorine in the poor water doesn't cause your eyes to
stink. It is the pee pee reacting with other chemical
in the water