Dan O.

Default Kenmore washer

mark Ransley wrote

I have a Kenmore washer 70 series
model 22722100

Dan O. wrote in message ...

The full model looks to be 110.22722100

It was in the middle of a wash cycle nearing rinse
when the area had a blackout, when power was
restored I tried to restart the machine, it wouldn't.
It runs through wash, then wont drain or spin.

If it won't go into the drain and spin cycles, I would
think the lid switch should be checked to see if it is
OK. It is not in the circuit during the fill or wash
cycles so it being defective wouldn't effect them. You
can see the lid switch asm. used on your model at the
following link:

Whirlpool/Kenmore Washer Lid Switch
http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rc=547225

I beleive I smell something electrical burnt. Why
would a power outage cause it , a surge maybe.

If it was already a weak spot in the circuit, possibly.

:mark Ransley wrote
:
: Thanks you were right the switch was totaly
: loose, Im an idiot not to have looked , but i
: dont know apliances thanks

Glad to hear it, thanks for the follow-up.

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Kenmore+washer