Posted to alt.home.repair
itsjoannotjoann itsjoannotjoann is offline

Default Seeking advice for refinishing a wood floor....

On Thursday, August 3, 2017 at 9:53:49 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Hi,
My kitchen/living room has a wood floor that is showing wear. Primarily from my dog who splatters water all around when he drinks. The clear finish is worn away in many places and in those areas there is a dark stain of some kind.
See image..
https://ibb.co/fhrFRa
I try to tackle jobs like this myself but I've never refinished floors before. Can you to buy or rent some kind of push sander that will take off a uniform layer of wood? Can you buy a bleach solution that will get rid of any black stain that runs deeper? And then how would you go about refinishing? Would just brushing on a coat of clear finish end up looking professional?
Or is is just better to hire a pro for this job?
Thanks!

Hire a pro as you most likely won't be able to just spot sand without
it looking like it's been spot sanded.

Put some sort of mat down so the dog doesn't dribble water everywhere.