Posted to rec.woodworking

Default electric work truck

On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 01:05:35 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 10:53:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:

OK - not replying to anyone in particular, but someone needs to get a
thicker skin, and some people need to learn more about electric and
hybrid vehicles.

Including the Bollinger, no?

EC has cast his line and caught another bait bucket FULL of guppies.

Reading page after page on this vehicle, the only reference I saw to it being a work truck is by EC and some here debating that fact.

Because it can carry wood doesn't make it a work truck. Where would you put a tool box? A headache rack? Service bins?

So the prototype can carry something 4x8, or certain sizes of 2x4. So what? They could have said it could carry ice chests and some here would have called it an ice delivery truck or even an ice cream truck. Maybe even an ice chest delivery truck.

A wheelbarrow can carry a person (in some cases, 2)in it, so does that make it suitable for use as a taxi?

NO WHERE was I able to find any reference to this being a work truck from its designers. So I am guessing that I am the only one that took interest in this rich person's off road toy enough to read anything about it, and as much as he is derided here, you guys took EC's premise as truth.

It is an off road recreation vehicle, stated over and over in the press releases and statements from the company and quoted in many, many interviews. Worse, the stupidity of considering this little teeny runabout a work truck could have been easily avoided if they had simply looked at the page EC posted and followed any of the dozen or so links to different publications. It's all there.

*********
From a Q and A of Bollinger's Jeff Hollander:

Who’s the target buyer?

“Because it will have class-leading off-roading credentials, we think that the vehicle will be well suited for outdoor enthusiasts as well as various government agencies with clean-fleet initiatives,” said chief marketer and spokesman Jeff Holland."

*********

Now it has turned into slug fest over battery powered vehicles and the politics behind them.

If there was only this much interest in woodworking here.

Come on guys. Now is the time to bring up the evil of the government conspiracy against electric cars, the government conspiracy for electric cars and of course, Al Gore. Work in the American Military/Industrial complex and their agenda, as well as the fact that people that disagree with your "findings" (Hello, Google!!) are idiots and shouldn't be breathing your air. You guys need to get with it. There are a lot more facets you can bring to a thread that was started on a completely false premise. I want to see some real ass ripping over this... don't let this thread run out of bile.

Nicely done, EC!

Robert

So far the Bollinger does not exist as a product, and as a company is
just a way of raising funds. As a vehicle it is no more commercially
available than the Energex R&D ElectrMobile coupe built in Waterloo
Region back in 1978 - and it was totally privately funded.