Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default Bandsaw Issue

"Sonny" wrote in message
This is the knob for adjusting the top wheel on my bandsaw, to maintain its
being coplanar with the lower wheel.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...d-public/There is no locking mechanism for this knob, so it moves, unscrews, becauseof vibration, as the saw is operating, hence, the wheels become out ofplane. The saw blade tracks too far off center of the wheel. It wouldeventually track off the wheel, if I let it.I taped it, but I thought to apply something like the rubbery stuff that'son some nuts, to keep them snug onto their bolts. What is that stuff,that's on those nuts?Is cosmoline, that's on saw blades and router bits, the same stuff? If so,I could melt some, for coating the coplanar knob threads?If cosmoline is not the same stuff, might there be something more readilyavailable, in my/anyone's shop, that can be used for a permanentapplication?I suppose teflon tape could be used.... and easily reapplied, when needed.SonnyI'd add a nut on the shaft to lock it in position. If the shaft is rooshort, the allen screw indicates it is replaceable.