Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default screwfix lap lighting HOMEOWNERSHUB

On 03/08/2017 08:25, Brian Gaff wrote:
The problem only seems to occur for me if the reply was from inside Usenet.
To be fair, though misguided and often out of date, some posts are quite
genuine and it is really the fault of the site admin that they fail to get
their interface right or indeed inform their users they are in fact posting
outside the web site.

Indeed, some of the responses etc are fine...

The main issue on that particular site is that in addition to showing
all the current discussion threads, it also promotes a series of
supposedly "best rated" threads. Many of which are very old.

So for the majority of us accessing via usenet servers which expire
older threads, we just get the disembodied responses to long dead
threads. It would not be so bad if they set their software to actually
quote the original message automatically rather than requiring the user
to do it manually - at least we could then see the context without
needing to go hunting for it.

--
Cheers,

John.