Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default Bandsaw Issue

On 8/2/2017 7:30 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 4:39:16 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:

If you need to release the tension regularly, you could do what I did to
mine.
https://youtu.be/Pi1b7AHM_3A

That's neat. Not sure I can adapt a hand lever to this saw. The tension mechanism is inside the upper casing, a spring loaded hand wheel/screw/adjuster out the top of the casing. What I need is a tension gauge. Right now, I just eyeball or guess at an appropriate tension... fingering the blade laterally.

I release the tension after every use, on the Delta 14", also.

As do I (when I remember) ;-) and I was going to ask you, Sonny, do you
typically have to adjust tracking every time? The only time I wind up
having to adjust my Milwaukee Delta is when I change blades (or when I
screw up, release tension, and then forget to re-tension the blade
before turning the saw on again). Of course, some tweaking of the
tracking is also required when changing blades.

P.S. One other thought with regard to your loose bolt. Do you have
enough room for a small spring to keep tension on the bolt?