Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Slightly off topic Florescent lights.

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 16:59:20 -0400, Bill
wrote:

Markem wrote:
On Tue, 1 Aug 2017 23:10:31 -0400, Bill

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 23:02:16 -0400, Bill

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 14:12:41 -0400, Keith Nuttle
wrote:

I am posting this to the woodworking group because wood workers know a
lot about everything. ;-)

I am a volunteer at church and one of things that I do is change the
florescent lights when they die. Most of the fixtures are four tube
fixtures.

Is there a test to tell if a Florescent light tube is bad and needs to
be replaced, or the light is not working because its companion is dead?

I have struggled with this. Sometimes when one of the tubes is replaced
the other seems to start working. So it would be nice to test the tube
to see if even though working it should be replaced.
I would recommend that when you replace one tube in a fixture, you
replace all the others, as well.
Also, clean the fixture.

Be sure to use a light rag or towel.
Use a dark one to see if you've let any light leak out.
A dark light rag? The "Black and White Rag" was composed in 1908. I'm
not sure what it was composed of.. Say the secret word and you'll win
$500. ; )

And the winner at the checkered flags is ....

Waving his arms with the rest of the light brigade...

Did the light brigade have heavy armor?