Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Bandsaw Issue

On 8/2/17 7:42 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/2/2017 8:30 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 4:39:16 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:
If you need to release the tension regularly, you could do what I did to
mine.
https://youtu.be/Pi1b7AHM_3A

That's neat. Not sure I can adapt a hand lever to this saw. The
tension mechanism is inside the upper casing, a spring loaded hand
wheel/screw/adjuster out the top of the casing. What I need is a
tension gauge. Right now, I just eyeball or guess at an appropriate
tension... fingering the blade laterally.

I release the tension after every use, on the Delta 14", also.

Sonny

I use this
https://www.ebay.com/i/120920651627?chn=ps&dispItem=1

When done with the saw I just crank it out four turns. When I want to
use it again, just four turns to tighten.

That looks very handy (PUN!).
Is it four revolutions just to un-tension the blase or can you also
change it with four?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)