Posted to rec.woodworking
G Ross G Ross is offline

Default Bandsaw Issue

Sonny wrote:
On Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 3:00:13 PM UTC-5, Unquestionably Confused

That looks suspiciously like a vintage Milwaukee/Delta 14" bandsaw with
a repaint job. ;-) I have one in my shop that's about 6 months older
than I am.

Duh! I feel like a jam nut. I'm slow today. Thanks for waking me up. A regular nut, sliced in half, should do the trick.

It's a 20" Davis & Wells. It's in good working order. Picked it up for $500 maybe 2 years ago. It was used at Lambert's Prosthetics & Orthotics, here in town. Lambert closed his shop, here, sold all the equipment and moved to Baton Rouge. I bought his flammables cabinet, $50, as well.

Lately, I installed and crowned new tires. Today, I'm adjusting the motor mount (jury-rigged onto the bracket) and pulley alignment. Lambert had installed a Dayton motor that didn't quite align with the machine's bracket.

Sonny

Don't feel bad. I have been known, in a stupid fit of desperation, to
deform the threads of a worn bolt with a judicious rap with a ball
peen hammer a quarter inch from the end.
A sure sign of a "shade tree" mechanic.

--
GW Ross