Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Frigidaire model #UF21H

On Friday, July 28, 2017 at 8:14:11 AM UTC-4, Lynnj wrote:
Upper left corner of freezer door won't stay closed causing ice and frost
buildup. Using stick-on child safety straps helps hold door closed but they
eventually come undone.
Seal seems fine. Online parts company said needed a part #AP186876~ a hinge
spacer. Seeing how the freezer is about 34 years old I'm being realistically
optimistic this could be the fix we need however the part has been
discontinued/ none of our local parts stores seem to have it.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...h-1139250-.htm

I think without seeing this it's going to be very hard for anyone to
give advice. Is there evidence of a bad/missing spacer? What's on
the other hinge, or other door, etc? If a spacer broke, sounds like
it could be the problem. Or is the hinge attachment rusted and failing?
We can't see. You might be able to find a spacer that would work at
a local appliance parts store or HD has trays of various spacers,
something might work.