Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default Sticky Garden Hose

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 11:59:28 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 08/01/2017 07:31 PM, Stormin' Norman wrote:

[snip]

I stopped buying the inexpensive hoses and only buy rubber garden
hoses made by Goodyear / Continental. They are not cheap, but they
last seemingly forever. The one I use for the horses is at least 25
years old and still going strong.

I like rubber hoses too, but they are heavy and not as easily moved.

I find they last forever and have much less tendency to kink and, they
don't damage easily if one of the draft horses steps on them or if a
vehicle runs over them.

However, one of the bored goats did chew a hole in one once. I cut it
apart, used a piece of copper pipe and hose clamps to splice it
together and it is still in service ten years later.

I also use old steel wheels as hose reels. I paint them, then lag
them to structures or to 4x4 posts and they are perfect for the job.