Posted to rec.woodworking

Default electric work truck

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 03:50:31 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 1:39:50 AM UTC-4, J. Clarke wrote:
In article , says...

On 8/1/17 5:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/1/2017 1:08 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 19:31:58 -0400 ads wrote:

On the photos page
http://bollingermotors.com/photos.html the
plywood extends beyond the end of the tailgate.

might be way too much weight aft the rear axle and that can make
driving too exciting for most people

that is to say loss of steering control when you need it most

they might need to make a cantilever that pops up and which would
apply the weight forward

might reduce the number of sheets but it is a good trade off

Good trade for what? I see very limited use advantage over a gas
powered truck. The payback is just not there.

Exactly! It reality, it is a coal-fired truck.
Electric vehicles have a much higher life-long carbon footprint than
gasoline powered vehicles. From manufacture, to shipping, to
replacement of lithium batteries, to end-of-life, to disposal of the
lithium chemicals in the environment, etc., etc., etc., electric
vehicles are much worse for the environment than internal combustion
engine vehicles.

Them add up the lack in revenue due to the loss of gas tax revenue and
it is easily proven that electric cars are a big scam and waste of money
and horrible for the environment.

Maybe a century from now, things will be different. But right now, it's
a giant scam being played on the public.

Well I'm enjoying the "scam". I buy one tank of gas every two or three
months, and my electric bill isn't noticeably higher than it was before the
hybrid.

If your electric bill isn't "noticeably higher" then either they've lowered your rates or
you've reduced usage in some other area.

It doesn't matter if it's hybrid, a refridgerator or even a cell phone charger. If you've added
anything, then you'll increase your usage, and therefore your bill, unless the additional
use - or cost - is offset in some manner.

No, a hybrid does not HAVE to be plugged in - depending on driving
conditions. It allows the engine to run at it's most efficient, in
atkinson cycle, keeping the battery charged with help from
regenerative braking, while the battery supplies power for peak loads,
so the engine never has to work in "full output" mode which is very
hard on fuel compared to optimized running.

You can bitch and complain about electrics and hybrids being a scam,
foisted on you by "libtards" all you like - the REAL FACTS, not the
"fake news" is they DO make sense. The only real problem is if
everyine started running electrics and plug-on hybrids the North
American Grid, as it stanrs - totally neglected for the last several
decades, would be totally inadequate. and powerplants would require
the type of polution controls that cars have had for decades.