Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default electric work truck

On 8/2/2017 1:39 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

Good trade for what? I see very limited use advantage over a gas
powered truck. The payback is just not there.

Exactly! It reality, it is a coal-fired truck.
Electric vehicles have a much higher life-long carbon footprint than
gasoline powered vehicles. From manufacture, to shipping, to
replacement of lithium batteries, to end-of-life, to disposal of the
lithium chemicals in the environment, etc., etc., etc., electric
vehicles are much worse for the environment than internal combustion
engine vehicles.

Them add up the lack in revenue due to the loss of gas tax revenue and
it is easily proven that electric cars are a big scam and waste of money
and horrible for the environment.

Maybe a century from now, things will be different. But right now, it's
a giant scam being played on the public.

Well I'm enjoying the "scam". I buy one tank of gas every two or three
months, and my electric bill isn't noticeably higher than it was before the
hybrid.

Plug in hybrid? I don't think they are as bad as the pure electrics.
Smaller battery and capturing power from braking.

The biggest joke foisted off on the public was the Chevy Volt with a 24
mile range. You pay a premium for the car and it is only useful for
short trips.

I'm curious how well the climate control works in both 0 degrees and 100
degrees. My car will be a comfy 72 degrees but to do that with battery
power is going to suck a lot of miles from the total range. Typical car
AC is 30,000 BTU and that sucks a lot of power. So does electric heat.

The acceleration of the electrics looks like fun though.