Posted to alt.home.repair
Boris[_2_] Boris[_2_] is offline

Default Sticky Garden Hose

I've had some of my garden hoses get sticky to the touch after they've been
out in the sun for a summer or more. They get really sticky...like they
have tree sap on them, the entire length of the hose. Bummer having to
keep replacing 50 and 100 foot hoses. The hoses in the backyard, in the
shade, last forever.

It doesn't seem to matter what type of hose, vinyl or rubber coated, they
all get sticky after a year or so ex[posed to the sun.

What is going on, and any suggestins as to what type of hose to use to
avoid this? I have to have the hoses in the sun,

TIA