Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Slightly off topic Florescent lights.

On 8/1/2017 11:50 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 8:16:52 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

I don't want to ship a bad bulb purchased at HD to the Phillips assessment location and have them issue a store credit, then go back to the store to buy a bulb, etc. When I had a couple of Phillips bulbs go bad in 6 months after installation and Phillips told me that I had to ship them bulbs to them for inspection I haven't put a Phillips product in since.

Robert

FWIW, the Home Depot brand bulbs have been replaced for me on a couple
of occasions. They never wanted them back, they simply shipped me a new
one.

I believe you. But as a contractor, cost me money once with no effort to work out a good solution, and I am finished with you.

Phillips bulbs from HD has joined Olympic paints, GAF shingles (screwed one of my clients very badly), Thompson's Water Seal and a couple of others that I won't use again.

Robert

Understood and I seriously doubt that you, as a contractor, waiting on a
replacement, would be cost effective. You would have to have inventory.