Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default can I mount a stereo amplifier vertically

Tim R wrote on 7/29/2017 10:26 PM:
I run the headphone jack of the PC we use for internet into a Yamaha AV amplifier and a set of stereo speakers. It's not an audiophile system but it's much better than PC speakers.

It would be really convenient to stand the amp vertically to save desk space. But it has vents top and bottom, none on the front back or sides.

Can you run these vertically? or do they need the airflow from the bottom to stay cool enough?

If there is no fan, the airflow by convection through the openings will not
be a lot. If you have any device on your desk that blows air out you can
sit this in front of that airflow and regardless of position it will likely
be better than sitting in still air in any position.

--

Rick C