Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Horrifying conditions inside US farms that could supplychlorine-washed chicken to Britain

On Tue, 01 Aug 2017 04:07:34 +0100, wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 13:49:56 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 18:26:55 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 18:14:46 +0100, wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 17:46:13 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

Chickens are generally pretty nasty birds to begin with and the
processing might leave some traces of chicken **** on them. The safest
way to get it off is with a bleach solution. Bear in mind, most city
water systems are feeding you a weak bleach solution and calling it
water as do public swimming pools ... in about the same concentration.
The other option was radiation and people freak out over that too.
Then there is the natural approach but that comes with the chance of
salmonella among other nasty things.
Spin the wheel and take a chance.

Swimming pools use much more chlorine than tap water.

They are not supposed to.
A pool should run between 1ppm and 3ppm Cl and tap water can be as
high as 4ppm although it is usually in that 1-3 range.
When I lived in the city (DC) my tap water tested "ideal" on a pool
test kit.

Have you never been in a swimming pool? Maybe the UK uses more chlorine? If I swallow tap water, I cannot taste the chlorine. SOMETIMES, if I run the kitchen tap really fast, there's a faint odour of it. But if I swallow even the smallest amount of swimming pool water, it tastes EXTREMELY chloriney. And you can smell it in the room. And it stings your eyes.

I have a pool in the back yard.
Maybe your public pools are loading up the chlorine but then they are
probably violating the health code. My wife runs 7 at the country club
and the health department will bust them for having the chlorine too
high as fast as being too low.
Just the volume of water involved and the fact that it gets splashed a
lot, aerating it does make the smell worse.

Occaisionally you may "shock" a pool - makes the chlorine high for a
"short" time.

There's so many bloody codes nowadays that there soon won't be any public pools etc. It will become unworthwhile to run the business.

--
Nagry: the state of emotion a woman is in when yelling at her husband