Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Need Info On Rockwell Jointer 37-290

On 07/31/2017 10:44 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

The table and fence are pretty rusty. Are they salvageable and if so, what's
the best method to restore them?

That's not bad at all, really...it's just some surface rust. For the
large flat tables I just use the 5" ROS with 100 grit and some WD40 or
kerosene for the first step--goes much faster than hand.

That's not the original motor so I don't know if that's the right pulley
to obtain the correct speed. How would he determine that?

Compute RPM from diameter ratio--the nominal RPM will be about 4000 rpm
I'd guess, but it'll be in the manual.

There's no shelf for the motor nor did he get a belt. That's something he
can DIY, I guess.

Generally they hung on a rod with a pivot for tensioning--just a flat
plate or two angles with ubolt to go around a cross bar will be fine.
Make a way to have a push or pull rod to lock in place depending on
what's close and convenient on the stand.