Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Horrifying conditions inside US farms that could supplychlorine-washed chicken to Britain

On Tue, 01 Aug 2017 04:29:03 +0100, wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 19:06:56 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 21:56:26 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

Scotland is about the same latitude as Alaska. We are actually closer
to Saudi Arabia in latitude.

Latitude is not all that gives you your temperature. Scotland gets nothing like as much cold snowy winters as Alaska, unfortunately.

Yes, we send you a lot of warm water from the Gulf of Mexico.
That mitigates your climate quite a bit but the fact is that your
climate is not that much different than the Kenai peninsula in Alaska
(for much the same reason, sea water)
The whole Pacific North West is very similar to UK in climate.
The ball chilling cold parts of alaska are inland.
If you live in Fairbanks your temp can go from -40 to +38 (C)
When we got off the plane there in June, it was hotter than it was in
Florida. ~38
40 minutes later we were in the hotel bar near the airport getting a
beer and the barmaid was someone we know from Florida. I had to ask my
wife if we were actually in Alaska

Almost everyone in alaska is "from away".
Bus driver on one of our tours was from idaho, She heard there were
something like 4 guys for every woman in Alaska, and being single she
figured the odds were pretty good. She said she found out "the goods
were pretty odd", on the whole!!

I've read research that shows that even a small increase in the male over female population (I'm talking a handful of percent here) causes social unrest. I guess the study is wrong or Alaska would be having a civil war.

--
Prostration - the act of exposing your genitalia to your god.