houseslave

Default Snowblowers

Barry I agree that MTD does make some low end stuff. The yard Machine line
is low end but they are also low priced too. However, the Cub Cadet line,
owned by MTD, is high end and is still made with quality. Ariens doesn't
make all its own snowblowers either and many of the companies use similar
parts. A comparable Ariens snowblower is 1k vs. 900.00 for the Troybuilt
and Toros are even more expensive. They are all very similar to my eye.
Ariens has all steel construction. More to rust in my opinion. Troy uses
steel in all the right places. I also called several dealers in my area
that carry Troybilt and they can easily gets parts. I was told they sell
fast and are high quality. This was from two different shops that repairs
them. There are a lot of ****ed off people who had there warranties
downgraded by MTD and I understand this. Also, the Ford Escort use to be
the number one selling car so just because Ariens are popular doesn't make
them better. Also, home depot sells them so that tells you why they are so
popular. It doesn't hurt to have your product in a few hundred stores. Do
you know anything about the Gardenway brand? Sam's Club sells a 10hp for
around 750.00. This sounds like a steal. But if you can't get parts or
service what good is it? Has anyone bought a Troybilt in the last few years
and had problems?

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote
in message ...
On 27 Oct 2003 00:01:12 GMT, (Randd01) wrote:

Why Troybilt would sell their quality known name to a piece of
junk company I don't understand at all.

Because Troy-bilt was bankrupt and MTD had money?

Barry