Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Chemistry help for cleaning the wife's pots & pans with pool acid

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 10:51:25 -0700 (PDT), Ed60062
wrote:

I bought a steam cleaner hoping to use it on my Weber grill. It did practically nothing to the cooked on grease and carbon deposits.

I have a Weber Smoky Mountain. Just knock the carbon flakes off your
Kettle, burn it again without food, hot. My grates go on the gas grill
for a hot burn. Then rubbed with a ball of aluminum foil.

Hose and wipe the outside.

Your grill needs some seasoned carbon holding the smokiness.

Not the same cases as the OP.