Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Work Tables

On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 7:51:23 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:

And don't forget your COI (Certificate of Insurance).

I've purchased through IRS Auctions, before, and am familiar with the ins. procedures of other facilities/companies. The stated procedures, here, seems to be the same, as with other facilities.

If an item requires heavy equipment for removing/loading, to your vehicle, then you need ins. Hand carting an item is the same as hand carrying and I have the carts. I suspect Bakers Furniture protocol is the same.

I've seen, on other auctions, where some companies require ins for simply driving your vehicle onto their property, not just for (or more so for, than just) loading an item. In those cases, those instructions had been more detailed and required even more "paperwork", to be in proper order, etc.

Another example/option: If I had won the bid on the jointer and arranged for a shipping company to pickup & deliver, it would be the shipping company that would obtain the ins needs. The selling companies are familiar with shipping, this way, and the shipping companies already have these ins requirements in order. Often times, the shipping companies can/will pallet an item, for shipping, also.

Sonny