Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Stone. Plus rising damp story (long)

On 30/07/2017 22:37, newshound wrote:
On 7/30/2017 1:03 PM, John Rumm wrote:
On 29/07/2017 21:05, newshound wrote:

I have a few photos documenting this work. I do wonder, from time to
time, whether I ought to submit something to the DIY Wiki.

Sounds like it would make a nice article - also we have not got much
along those lines in there at the moment, so it would be handy...

Thanks. What do I need to do? Get access privileges from someone? I've
never updated a Wiki but I (sort of) know my way around markup languages.

Drop me an email with your preferred account name, and I will create an
account for you.

Wiki markup is pretty straight forward for the basic things. But even if
you just slap in text and upload the photos, there will be someone along
who can help you tart it up.

Getting started instructions he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...iting_Articles

(we use the same software as wikipedia; "Mediawiki" - so there are tons
of help pages out there)

--
Cheers,

John.