Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default Chemistry help for cleaning the wife's pots & pans with pool acid

On Sun, 30 Jul 2017 17:52:41 -0700 (PDT), Ed60062
wrote:

SOKOFF is the product you need. It removes baked on grease and carbon deposits. Safe on most cookware including aluminum. I used it on a well-used commercial waffle iron and it came out great. You can find it in some stores or on Amazon.

Wow, $25 / pint. seems like liquid silver.

If you have access to a small steam cleaner, I would give that a try.
Steam is quite remarkable when it comes to cleaning. Something like
this:

http://amzn.to/2vk1NrO