Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default Logic for or against the tire-rotation pattern X H X H

On 07/30/2017 07:03 AM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 22:41:12 -0400, Dan Espen wrote:

Vic Smith writes:

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 16:13:06 -0400, Dan Espen wrote:

Roy Tremblay writes:

What do you think about the 4-tire rotation pattern below?

Total waste of time.

Drive the car until the tires wear out, then buy new ones.

+1
I never in my life rotated a tire, or had them rotated.
For a while I bought my tires used for 5-20 bucks a pop.
Now I buy 4 quality new tires when the old ones wear out.

Yet this thread goes on and on about you've got to do this,
and that. Seems like people like their rituals.

Same with the "winterizing" the lawn mower.
I just stop using it in the fall. In the spring it starts right up.
I've got at least 50 years of not rotating my tires and not
winterizing the lawn mower under my belt. No ill effects
noticed so far.

Same here. I don't even run it out of gas. Same with the weedwhacker.
I think doing the rituals offend or confuse the machines, making them act up.

They don't like being ignored either. I don't whack weeds very often
and was shocked to find that THAT LITTLE THING was the carb and needed
to be cleaned. I couldn't put it back together again although I have
cleaned MC carbs successfully. Enough. Nothing but electric whackers
and mowers from then on.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey