Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stone.

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
wrote:

If you can get it done a better way, great. Adding 5% is an often
accepted tradeoff.

Worth adding some fibres to the lime mortar?

http://cornishlime.co.uk/products/associated-building-products/hair-fibres-mesh

Yes - was thinking about that. When the rain stopped I had another look.
What I think I'd like to do is re-make the coping stone top to this one.
It would be easy to fit some shuttering and cast on top of the remains.
After removing all the loose bits, the rest appears sound.

The traditional stuff was horse hair. I wondered about using glass fibre -
since that is easily obtianed. And is used in those lightweight concrete
tiles you get for say a roof terrace.

--
*Women who seek to be equal to men lack ambition.

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.