Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ansmann Energy 16 PSU

On Saturday, 29 July 2017 22:38:41 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 17:17:26 -0400, "tom"
wrote:

snip

Ah, ok, thanks ... that (now) makes more sense as even with that
(choke) in and D1-4 out, I've lost the short I was seeing across the
mains input. ;-)

you would, 99% of the time

Ok, good. That makes more sense for why so many outputs.

It's quite an expensive unit (I think it cost me ~100 UKP some years
ago) so I'd like to get it going if I can.

Doing any measurements on this device (scope, etc) will require an isolation
transformer to look at the primary (line) side.

Understood.

The outputs all appear to be
isolated.

Ok.

Hope it's just the shorted diodes.

Fingers crossed. ;-)

Good luck.

Thanks for your help and I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers, T i m

if it's only 1 bad diode try running it without it, on half load or less it should be ok. 2x400v diodes in series should do as replacements temporarily.

NT