Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ansmann Energy 16 PSU

On Saturday, 29 July 2017 19:03:01 UTC+1, Robert Roland wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 17:27:21 +0100, T i m wrote:

D1,4 test as short cct.

I would take those out and check outside the circuit.

If the short is at the output of the bridge rectifier, and all four
diodes are good, you should measure a diode drop (0.6 V or so) across
the diodes in both directions.

if you test individually: 0.6v one way only
if testing at bridge input: 1.2v both ways

An easy way to find faults is to run the psu via a filament light bulb, then it's easy to probe the [dangerously live] circuit for voltages with due care. Since I don't know if you can do this safely, don't do it.

NT