Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default 2nd copy of car keys and fob?

In article , says...

Unless you both weigh 400 lbs or you want to tow a trailer, you don't
NEED a V6

A 4 cylinder is fine....as long as you don't mind that buzzy sound when
you stomp on the gas while you're desperately trying to get up to speed
and smoothly blend from the access lane onto the 70 MPH interstate :-)

Never mind trying to safely pass that loaded-down 1959 Ford pickup on a
2-lane country back road!

That is exectally why I bought a car with a 6 in it. I live in NC and
there are lots of back roads I travel and many times there will be a
farmer with a tractor going about 10 mph. There may only be a very
small ammount of streight road to pass him on . I drove a 1991 Camry
for many years and that 4 cylinder did not have enough punch to get
around things like that. In years past I had several of the mussle
class cars. When one is used to that kind of get up and go, that 4
cylinder just does not make one happy.

I remember the first time driving a 4 cylinder. It was a friends small
Datsun. He told me to drive as I knew where we were going. There were 3
cars of us going to the same place. Somehow I wound up as the 2 nd car
in line just a we were about to get off the intestate. He told me to go
around the first car. I told him I had been trying to. He said to put
it to the floor. I told him I already had it to the floor. It was a
manual so the it di dnot down shift. Another time we were playing
around with the cruse control. Set at 60 mph. Going up and down some
small hills, the speed would drop to about 40 mph..

I know the newer 4s are much beter, but just not that good for me.

Someone mentioned color. The wife and I both wanted a red car, so that
is one of the first things we told th esales man. It had to be a 6 cyl
and red. Nothing else.