Joseph Meehan

Default Snowblowers

No, the company did not come out of bankruptcy. The name was bought by
MTD from the bankruptcy, they also bought some of the designs (I seem to
recall that someone else bought a few) but no one took on the responsibility
of replacement parts. I am not sure if anyone is making replacement parts.

The Troybilt company itself is dead and gone.

I have one of their mowers and I will keep it going as long as I can.
It is a very good mower, but I will not be looking to buy another.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"houseslave" wrote in message
They did survive because the name and product line still lives on. MTD
thought there was value in the name and liked the product line. Yes they
went belly up. So did 7-11, Zenith and many more companies because of

poor
management. Like I said, I'm not worried about parts since Lowes and
hundreds of other retail locations service Troybilt. You should checkout

the
machine it is a very well built unit with a many nice features.

"Retiredff" wrote in message
k.net...

houseslave wrote:
The Troybilt name is a name of
prestige and is well known so I doubt that it will go away. And it
did survive a bankruptsy too.

Troybilt did not survive bankruptcy. If they had, MTD would not own the
name. MTD is using the good name that Troybilt created, and that they
'bought' at what amounts to a going-out-of-business sale.