Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Tremblay[_2_] Roy Tremblay[_2_] is offline

Default Logic for or against the tire-rotation pattern X H X H

actually wrote:

The only way to have matching tires front and rear theough the life
of the tires id ROTATE - front to rear.

Both the H and X pattern result in matching tires front and rear.
The alternating X H puts any one tire on all four corners in a year.
The two tires on any one axle always stay together as a set.

I had always assumed RWD and all four tires the same model & size.

Tire Rack says there are 2 traditional RWD rotation patterns
Rearward Cross & X-Pattern
And 2 traditional FWD rotation patterns
Forward Cross & X-Pattern
And 2 traditional performance patterns for special cases
Front-to-Rear & Side-to-Side
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret....jsp?techid=43
http://www.tirereview.com/back-to-ba...vehicle-tires/

The alternating X & H pattern I devised puts each tire on each corner in a
year without compromising the axle pairing.

The disadvantage is that the direction is reversed.

If reversing non-directional radials causes the belts to separate, then
that's the major disadvantage but I can't find anything conclusively
reliable that says belts will separate merely by changing the direction for
non-directional tires.