Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default 2nd copy of car keys and fob?

On Fri 28 Jul 2017 07:03:03a, Ed Pawlowski told us...

On 7/28/2017 9:05 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 23:29:21 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 7/27/2017 11:17 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I did a quick look at the Hondas, and the small and mid size
cars did not seem to even offer a v6. Just a 4 and a turbo 4.
I don't care for the turbos on a street car.

Why?
My last car was a 2.0 turbo. I was quite happy with the
performance.

Today's turbos are a far cry from the Corvair or Jetfire of
the
sixties, or the old SVO Mustang!!! Rven the Saab turbos of rhe
seventies and eighties were very crude by today's standards and
were considered consumeables. Today's turbos should last the
life of the car

I admitt that I do not understand the whole thoughs on the street
turbos. Back in the 1960's many engines had a compression ratio
of about 10:1 or more. Then came the air polution acts and the
compression ratios were droped to well under that. I know there
is a practical limit on the compression ratio for engines.

Wouldn't the turbos on the low compression engines be just about
like going back up on the compression ratio ? Forcing more air
into the engine is all that the turbo does doesn't it ?

My thinking is the turbo is just more junk added to an engine to
beat the polution rules.

All this is for stree cars and not ones ran on the tracks where
even with the high compression ratios are not good enough to
produce the maximum power.

Not checking out the turbos, do they require the higher octain

[snip]

I'm ashamed to admit it, but what I know about engines you could fit
in a thimble. Our dealer actually talked us out of a V-6 engine,
that we wouldn't really need it for about-town driving and the
occasional freeway driving. What we ended up with is a 2.4L 16-Valve
DOHC i-VTEC I4, 189 HP. The car is a Honda Accord 4-door Sedan. If
you can tell me anything more that would be good for me know, I would
appreciate it.

Honda Accords with a 2.4L are quick as a scalded cat. I lucked into a
deal and picked up a 2006 Accord EX-L with the V-6. Good friend out on
the east coast told me I'd have been better off with the 4 cyl which is
what he had in his 2005 Accord as the 4 was plenty quick and more
economical.

Turned out he was correct. While I had decent gas mileage with the V-6
I felt the car was actually over powered with the 6. Any wet to the
pavement and you could set the drive wheels spinning. The car was
horrible in snow due to the heavy torque. Really did wish I'd gotten the 4.

Picked up a 2013 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD and the only engine available is
the i-VTEC 4. All the get up and go off the line you'd ever really need
and plenty of guts for passing at 50+. Gas mileage chasing around town
with a mix of highway is a consistent 26+. Highway trips at 60mph if I
keep my foot light on the gas starting out, will usually be around 30 to
31 or better.

I think that your dealer did you a solid. Go thank him if you haven't
already.