TURTLE

Default 15 Amp circuit capacity

"JosephM" wrote in message
news:2i0nb.29265$9E1.110167@attbi_s52...
Hello,
I'm adding some recessed lighting in my basement. The wiring that is there
consists of some 14/2 wire and 12/2 wire for the existing recessed lights.
There are 4 of them right now. I was wanting to add 6 more on one 15 amp
circuit. The bulb themselves would be 65 watt spots. Will one 15 amp

circuit
handle 6 lights? Can I get away with using 14/2 NM wire or should I use

the
heavier 12/2 on the new circuit? When all is done I would have 2 -15 amp
circuits that have 6 recessed lights each. Is this safe?

Thanks in advance,
Joseph
Indiana

this is turtle.

It seem here your over killing here a good bit. The 12 -- 65 watt lite will
pull about 4 to 5 amps and you can combine the 12 lite on 1 -- 20 amp / 1 --
15 amp circuit with #12/2 and cut down on all the circuits in your home.
Less circuits / less trouble down the road. Now you can't have a bunch of
other stuff on here too and add the 12 lites together.

Now you could just use the 14 wire and 1 -- 15 amp breaker to run the hold
thing.

TURTLE