John Laird

Default OT - Monitors - TFT v. CRT

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:41:57 -0000, "David Hearn"
wrote:

I guess I could possibly live with a dead pixel - but what I wouldn't want
is a pixel which was constantly on. I've seen these any they're infinitely
annoying. A green little dot in the same place on the screen whatever is on
it. Annoyingly retailers apparently have a certain number of pixels which
are allowed to fail yet still be acceptable. If I ever got a TFT display
and had one fixed constantly on, I'd return it. Dead (off) pixel I'd still
try and return it - but may well not kick up a huge fuss if they didn't
allow me to return it.

The "annoying" retailer near me has a sign up at the checkout pointing out
that TFT screens come in different grades. Only the highest, and most
expensive, grades are free of all pixel defects. I think these are
typically bought for uses like checking X-rays or other medical scans.
Retailers are in the lower-grade market where you may be lucky, may not.

--
Give me patience! RIGHT NOW!

Mail john rather than nospam...