Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default 2nd copy of car keys and fob?

In article , says...

If you get the opportunity, drive a turbo. You won't notice anything
different other than smooth acceleration.

It does not matter much here, but Europe has some restrictions or tax on
engines larger than 1 and then 1.6 liters. The turbo is a good way to
get power without displacement tax.

As for HP rating, I do recall they made changes a while back. Detroit
exaggerate? Nah.

There are always companies trying to bet the tax system or some
government rule. Seems to me that in the 60's or so England (maybe
another country) had an added cost on cloths. Something about how long
or large they could be. Maybe adult sizes. Anyway not sure if the mini
dress was created for that, or if it was just used to beat the rules.

At one time some car companies were making the gas hogs out of the
country and importing them or classifying the SUV types as trucks to
beat the gas miles per gallon tax or rule.

I remember even some of the small boat engines were rated as 9.9 HP to
beat a registration rule of them having to be registered if 10 hp and
over.