Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Sharing well and pump--how much should we charge?

On 7/27/2017 10:48 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 22:28:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/27/2017 8:44 PM, RayRay wrote:

tear" figure. that would be fair to me . my situation is a girlfriend
with nephew, his gf and her daughter w/o water
for over a year now coming over to use my shower , get water to flush their
toilet and do laundry. I've had enpugh of it and want to calculate their
water usage (even estimated) so I can inform them the size of the favor
I pay
for the additional usage they cause.

I pay $60/month for water and sewer for 2 of us. Depending on frequency
of visit, $30 would seem reasonable.

That is fairly cheap or you do not use much water. Around here $60
would get you about 3700 gallons of water/sewer with the fixed fees
according to the chart. I am not sure if there are additional taxes on
that tho.

My last bill was for 6000 gallons and water was $113, sewer was $93. The
sewer is a flat rate quarterly. It is pretty consistent every quarter.

We could cut the bill by going naked all the time to eliminate laundry.
Instead of doing dishes, just eat right out of the pot.