Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Sharing well and pump--how much should we charge?

tear" figure. that would be fair to me . my situation is a girlfriend
with nephew, his gf and her daughter w/o water
for over a year now coming over to use my shower , get water to flush their
toilet and do laundry. I've had enpugh of it and want to calculate their
water usage (even estimated) so I can inform them the size of the favor
I pay for the additional usage they cause.

I pay $60/month for water and sewer for 2 of us. Depending on frequency
of visit, $30 would seem reasonable.

That is fairly cheap or you do not use much water. Around here $60
would get you about 3700 gallons of water/sewer with the fixed fees
according to the chart. I am not sure if there are additional taxes on
that tho.

I have one neighbour off my well - he pays me $ 250. per year and
any maintenance / repair of the shared plant is split 50-50.
The line from my property to his is his problem alone.
It is a written agreement that is legally "attached" to our deed.
The cost hasn't changed since the 2 homes were built in 1991.
My lawyer says that I can cancel the agreement but would need to give
him significant time to make other arrangements - like a year ..
My other neighbour was being a nice guy and only charged his
neighbour $ 35. per year - and he has regretted it ever since -
the guy has been a jerk ..
John T.