Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sharing well and pump--how much should we charge?

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 22:28:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/27/2017 8:44 PM, RayRay wrote:

tear" figure. that would be fair to me . my situation is a girlfriend
with nephew, his gf and her daughter w/o water
for over a year now coming over to use my shower , get water to flush their
toilet and do laundry. I've had enpugh of it and want to calculate their
water usage (even estimated) so I can inform them the size of the favor
I pay
for the additional usage they cause.

I pay $60/month for water and sewer for 2 of us. Depending on frequency
of visit, $30 would seem reasonable.

That is fairly cheap or you do not use much water. Around here $60
would get you about 3700 gallons of water/sewer with the fixed fees
according to the chart. I am not sure if there are additional taxes on
that tho.