Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default 2nd copy of car keys and fob?

On 07/27/2017 04:13 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
I really hate it that I can not order a car sort of like I want to. I
remember getting one in 1972 and could add many things by waiting about
a month. They quit doing that years ago.

The last Toyota I bought I originally ordered to my preferences and it
would take a couple of months for delivery. I went home and thought
about it that night and called the dealer the next day to find out what
he had available there and then. That was in March 2011 and the model I
wanted was manufactured in Japan. I wasn't sure Japan was going to be
around long enough to build any cars. I would much rather have a
standard transmission and 'arrest me red' isn't my favorite color but
it's been a good ride.

No key fobs, no lane warning, no electric windows, no backup cameras, no
nuttin'. Someday when i get old I might want that stuff. Of course I
said that about baggers too. Going on '70 and none of the bikes in the
driveway are baggers. I don't think it's going to happen.