Posted to alt.home.repair
catalpa catalpa is offline

Default Sharing well and pump--how much should we charge?

"RayRay" m wrote in
message ...
replying to trader4, RayRay wrote:
well, just break down the costs. you gotta know gallons / kwh of running
the
pump. that will give you an idea of total water usage from all water
usage. then split that cost. even though you are using less water. or
charge them
2/3 or 3/4 of electric cost to run the pump.
as for wear take the total life expectancy of a well pump, plus FUTURE
estimated replacement cost and divide it to get a yearly, then monthly
"wear &
tear" figure. that would be fair to me . my situation is a girlfriend
with nephew, his gf and her daughter w/o water
for over a year now coming over to use my shower , get water to flush
their
toilet and do laundry. I've had enpugh of it and want to calculate their
water usage (even estimated) so I can inform them the size of the favor I
pay
for the additional usage they cause.

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ge-290676-.htm

The original post is 9 years old.

Exactly what do you do to find 9 year old posts and why do you waste time
replying to them?