Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Kreg Accu-Cut (Not Rip-Cut) - A Poor Man's Track Saw?

On Wed, 26 Jul 2017 23:28:51 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 7/26/2017 9:37 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jul 2017 17:44:48 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I think this is a new product from Kreg. The email says "Now Available"

I've never used a track saw, so I'd be interested in hearing the thoughts about this system
from those that have. Apparently you don't need clamps, it uses non-slip strips. I wonder how
well they work in saw-dusty conditions.

https://www.kregtool.com/store/c48/s.../p425/accu-cut

I wouldn't trust it without clamps. I noticed that it's only 4' long.
Is there a way of connecting them together. IMO, 4' isn't enough to
be useful. Dies it have a sacrificial edge? This is pretty
important.

Take a look ay the set of pictures on the site. It appears that this
comes as two short tracks to make up 4'. Also further down the page are
replacement splinter strips, so yes it has the sacrificial edge to set
up the cuts after making the initial pass.

I hadn't seen those pictures. After looking at them, I'm not so down
on the idea. It needs more but it's a good start. The price is
certainly right.

If they added 4' and, perhaps, 8' track sections and decent clamps, it
might be useful. I'd have to look at the saw sled closer, though.
It's not clear how well the shoe fits (repeatability).