Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2nd copy of car keys and fob?

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 01:48:24 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Thu 27 Jul 2017 03:13:19p, Ralph Mowery told us...

In article
,
says...

I am *planning* on buying a new car in late December and the one
I want has all those bells and whistles on it like yours and
Ed's. Also, the 'evil' key fob as well. But I have read so much
about the car I want, dozens (I'm not kidding) videos and
reviews, too, that I almost feel like I could get a job at the
dealership and sell the car.

I wanted to buy a 2018 Toyota, but they changed the design and it
is butt ugly. Decided to get the 2017. It is missing a couple of
things I wanted,but they do not offer some of them in the only
version that has the V6 in it. Had to get the leather seats and
hate them. Also could not find one in the color we wanted with
the lane and back up warnings.

This just seemed like a good time to trade as there is zero
financing for 7 years. I could pay for it now, but why not make
about 3 to 5 thousand off of the money if the stock market keeps
going up. Did not have to trade as the car we had only had about
32,000 miles on it, but was 10 years old. Someone is going to get
a very nice used car.

I really hate it that I can not order a car sort of like I want
to. I remember getting one in 1972 and could add many things by
waiting about a month. They quit doing that years ago.

We came across a similar problem. There was no car in the color we
wanted that was the exact model we wanted and had the exact features
we wanted. Our dealership did find two, one in Florida and the other
in Iowa. Neither of those dealerships were willing to agree to
transport to AZ. Ready to walk out and call it quits, the general
manager of our dealership called the factory and discussed it with
someone there. The end result was that the factory punched in all
the specs for the exact car we wanted and put it into the production
line. We've been told delivery should be 4-5 weeks maximum.

Sometimes you do win.

The essence of the "copo camaro"