Jim Thompson

Default Toilet won't flush without holding down handle

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:53:03 -0500, "Bob Greene"
wrote:

I recently replaced the flush valve and ballcock for a customer with a
Fluidmaster kit - have done this many times before.

Now the toilet won't flush completely unless you hold down on the handle to
let all the water out of the tank. The Fluidmaster had an adjustable cup - I
replaced it with a regular one, and also tried one with the foam insert with
no change. The toilet is an Eljer (I think), with the foam liner in the
tank. Water level is set to the correct height - can't go higher with the
fluidmaster design.

Anyone have any ideas? Customer is getting unhappy. Replace toilet?

Thanks for comments

Shorten the chain so that flapper is pulled high enough such that
flotation forces exceed suction.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |