Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default 2nd copy of car keys and fob?

On 7/27/2017 3:32 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
posted for all of us...

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 17:15:27 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

[snip]

In your case, since you need to be outside of the car after it is locked, I
would opt for (1), except put the window up first.

If that does not work, try wrapping aluminum foil around the transponder.
(It is not clear if having a transponder in the car causes your problem.)

That's not the problem. If a transponder is in the car then it can't be
locked from outside. The is nowhere to inert a metal key as there are no
metal keys.

No metal key hideden within the fob? You are CERTAIN?
No key cyl concealed under a cap in the door handle that can be popped
off with the key? You are 100% certain?

Exactlt what year ond model do you have?

2017 Pacifica I will look again. I could not find any slot. I'll look
again.

I certainly hope Tekkie can read. Check your owner's manual. Pages 12
and 15 specifically. Your remote fob contains and emergency key so you
can open the driver's door and also lock the glove compartment. If
you're speaking about starting the car (if you have the push button
start) keep reading the manual. Most likely if the battery to the fob
is weak or. . . you will find that holding the fob to the start button
will get you going.

Hopefully the pen name "Tekkie" was not adopted to suggest that you are
technically proficient in, ah, er, anything