Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nomail@gmail.com is offline

Default Painting a concrete floor that's been power floated (etching?)

On 27/07/2017 08:24, Martin Brown wrote:
On 26/07/2017 19:50, Chris Hogg wrote:

Just be careful when you're using it. It's quite strong acid. Read all
the precautions for the Promain acid, and follow them. Wear rubber
boots, rubber gloves (Marigolds?) and goggles or better, a full face
visor. If you get any on your skin, rinse it off immediately. Don't be
cavalier with it. Keep the kids/pets indoors.

Diluting it add the acid to bulk water not the other way round.
(it isn't much of an issue with HCl but is lethal with H2SO4)

A-level chemistry was 45 years ago but the one relevant thing I can
remember is AAA (Always Add Acid)

Also I'd wear good strength neoprene rubber gloves - Marigolds are OK
for doing the washing up in a kitchen but they puncture far too easily.

Move anything metal out that might be affected by the fumes/mist that
will inevitably rise from the action of the acid. You probably want to
apply it and leave it to react rather than breathing an acidic mist.

It's an empty room and ventilation will be good