Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default 2nd copy of car keys and fob?

On 7/27/17 1:18 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/27/2017 12:27 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:

I'm an old fart and pretty tech-savvy. I really like all the electro
bells and whistles on my new top-of-the-trim-line ride.

I especially like the rear cross traffic radar, the lane departure
warning (signal every lane change or you get a beeping serenade), the
collision warning/avoidance braking system, and the adaptive cruise
control that slows you down if you get too close to the car in front
of you.

I'm ambivalent about voice-controlling the Nav and radio and answering
phone calls with buttons on the steering wheel

What I can do without is 600+ small print pages in the "main" owner's
manual and another 350 in the "electronics" manual.

I like all those goodies too. In May we went away for a while and took
a 4,000 mile trip. Adaptive CC makes it so much nicer. I set the
climate control when I got the car 22 months ago and have not touched it
since.

Do you have the "auto hold" system for brakes? When you stop you can
take your foot off the brake pedal and the brakes stay on until you
touch the gas. It sets the parking brake when you shift into park.
Really nice in stop and go traffic that is more stop than go.

Nope, it doesn't have that. Sounds like a nice feature though. Wish it did.

My wife's ride will jam the brakes on if you're about to back into
something like the garbage can, a light pole or another car in the
parking lot.

--
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time or money
making it.