mark Ransley

Default Kenmore washer

I have a Kenmore washer 70 series
model 22722100
serial C13904679
type 111
It was in the middle of a wash cycle nearing rinse when the area had a
blackout, when power was restored I tried to restart the machine , it
wouldnt. I can not get it to drain and go to rinse cycle, Ive tried 5
times even manualy draining and starting a new cycle. It runs through
wash , then wont drain or spin. The timer stops in the place the outage
ocured I beleive I smell something electrical burnt. Why would a
power outage cause it , a surge maybe. Other electronics were on and are
fine . Time for a repairman, or any ideas on how I can fix it . Its
2 yrs old. thanks