Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Cleaning Out The Attic

On Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 2:19:35 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 11:25:22 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

The government and industry disagree with you. The last bastions of
big piles of moldy paper are going electronic. These days court
documents and legal documents are PDF files. The day of paper files
may finally be behind us, only 40 years after it was predicted by the
computer folks.

When I see a new doctor, I hand the doctor a thumb drive with my information on it. It will probably get to the point where you transfer your information from your smartphone to a medical practitioner's phone or tablet. I don't own a smartass phone so I stick to a thumb drive. ?(?)?

The fact is the insurance companies already have access to your
medical records right now, at least anything you did not pay cash for
and did not try to claim. Even then you would have had to lie about
your name when you got the service and these days they want to see
more ID than you need to vote.
When we all get our chip it will be academic anyway. As soon as the
scanner by the door reads your chip, your whole life will pop up on
their computer. It is sort of like what happens now when a license
plate scanner on a cop car sees your plate. I predict that before long
we won't need tags because we will all be required to have
transponders in our car, perhaps reading the chip in your arm and
transmitting that info too.
Bear in mind "Big Brother" was from a book about 1984. Look behind
you.

I had an idea for a chip that could be implanted in the base of the skull of any illegal alien caught in the country. When they are repatriated, the chip is activated and will explode if the alien crosses the border again without the chip being officially deactivated. It would also explode if a surgeon tried to remove it on the other side of the border. What would really be funny if it were all a fake story told the illegals and the implant just an RFID chip that would set off alarms when the illegal alien passed by a detector. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Exploding Monster