Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Wallshield Coating Company

On 26/07/2017 07:24, Brian Gaff wrote:
Mine was underwritten by a well known company, but I've never had a problem
other than they sprayed over a window sill and now its rotting. User error.
Anyway, I believe the actual process and paint are made by one company and
they licence the equipment and method to other companies, hence the changes
in name all the time. Of course I do find that when you do damage it, its
really very hard to mend it around doors etc, and eventually water will get
in and blow any render which they fixed before the last spray. Yes I agree
that these coatings are now very good indeed, until you need to do any work
that punctures the coating of course.
Brian

Or until we get a really cold winter and all the moisture from inside
the house (cooking, washing, breathing) has permeated into the wall
(but cannot evaporate because the plastic paint wont let it) where
it freezes and blows off the outer render.

Saw a few like that during those bad winters between 2008 and 2010